How does it work

I’ve recently heard about OnlyFans when I saw it mentioned on a meme. I got curious and searched it online. After reading some forums, I still am confused. Can someone simplify how does it work and is it the same as Instagram or other social media platforms?

Hi Kokiwe5524!
OnlyFans uses a subscription-based model for its content creators. Unlike in Instagram where you can follow other people for free and you can see what they post for free, OnlyFans will charge subscribers on a monthly basis for you to see content that they published.

Good first post op :wink:

You can basically either sell pics and videos and set a subscription price or have your profile free to subscribe to and sell in your private messages etc

Hmm. Interesting. Are there content that you can’t post or share?

1 Like

Nope not really you can post pretty much anything!! And there’s always going to be requests from people in your DMs if you know what I mean…

oh I definitely know what you mean. :laughing:

1 Like

Creators upload their content, videos, articles, photos, to the site. Pages can be free or paid and fans then pay to get access to the exclusive content. While creators can create accounts for free, when they earn money from the platform OnlyFans pays out 80%, keeping 20% of the earnings as a fee.

It’s a website allowing content creators to monetize their content. Unlike youtube where people can watch your videos for free, you have to pay for a subscription fee to a certain content creator for you to watch their videos. You can also pay extra for an “exclusive” content - called pay-per-view or PPV message.

So basically, it is easier to earn money on OF than on Youtube?

Definitely. I think you would need to have at least 1000 subscribers on YouTube before you can be monetized. In OnlyFans, you can already earn even though you only have 1 subscriber.

Yeah I also think it would take longer for a beginner creator like me to earn money on YouTube than on OnlyFans.

Oh, I was extremely love if you would help me